Zantac Lawsuit


Researching drug company and regulatory malfeasance for over 16 years
Humanist, humorist

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

GlaxoSmithKline submits final study data to FDA for cervical cancer vaccine




PHILADELPHIA and LONDON, March 30 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- GlaxoSmithKline (NYSE: GSK) today provided the following update regarding its application to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for approval of CERVARIX(R), its vaccine to prevent cervical cancer and cervical pre-cancer related to human papillomavirus types 16 and 18 - Source - http://pressrelated.com/press-release-cervarixr-us-regulatory-update.html

Difficult one to muster.

Cervical cancer is nasty and if there is a vaccine to cure it then I'd be the first to offer a round of applause to the pharmaceutical company that provides that cure.

I'm unsure about Cervarix though... and more unsure over it's manufacturers, GlaxoSmithKline.

It's a difficult decision to make for any parent. Shall we trust GlaxoSmithKline? [this time]

Personally, if I had a daughter, I wouldn't want any drug made by GSK going anywhere near her. I don't trust them you see. They have a history of not quite being forthright with the truth. That's just my personal opinion and far be it for me to challenge whether or not a parent makes the correct decision in allowing their daughter to be vaccinated by a GSK product.

I suggest every parent in the UK do their homework before they make that decision. I could point many parents to pages where GSK have showed contempt for children but Google is a much more powerful tool.

I would love to believe that GlaxoSmithKline had manufactured a vaccine for the prevention of cervical cancer... I truly would. Had they been more transparent in the past then they would have gained trust in members of the public. The fact remains that GSK have quite a tainted history of hiding the facts and I for one do not trust them.

As a parent I would get written confirmation from the CEO of GlaxoSmithKline, Andrew Witty, that Cervarix does exactly what it's manufacturers claim it does. I would ask for a full comprehensive list of possible side-effects both published and unpublished. I would then email/write to the CEO of the MHRA, Kent Woods, and ask him for the same. Then if anything untoward happened to my child as a result of them taking this vaccine I would hold both Andrew Witty and Kent Woods responsible. If I couldn't get these personal assurances from both CEO's then I would seriously consider allowing the vaccine into the body of any child of mine.

I'm trying not to scaremonger - I can see both sides of the debate. Thing is... the side of GSK and medicine regulators is painted with £ and $ signs. It all boils down to GSK making a huge amount of money - just like they did with Seroxat/Paxil.

The choice is yours.

Use Google.

Fid


Read the new book, The Evidence, However, Is Clear...The Seroxat Scandal

ORDER THE PAPERBACK
'THE EVIDENCE, HOWEVER, IS CLEAR...THE SEROXAT SCANDAL' By Bob Fiddaman

SIGNED COPIES HERE OR UNSIGNED FROM CHIPMUNKA PUBLISHING

No comments:


Please contact me if you would like a guest post considered for publication on my blog.