Zantac Lawsuit


Researching drug company and regulatory malfeasance for over 16 years
Humanist, humorist

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Increased Paxil Dose

An oh so familiar question on the brilliant Paxil Progress Forum.

GlaxoSmithKline and medicine regulators should take heed of this forum. They should read each individual complaint and ask themselves why they are not doing more to help these sufferers.

Here's the post that caught my eye.

Hi everyone and thanks for any and all advice and reassurance. I'm sure the answers are all in PP somewhere, but I cant be bothered to look through them all right now.

In a nutshell, I was put on Paxil at age 17 for anxiety, and stayed on 20mg for years with no difficulties. I am now 29. About 6 months ago I tried to slowly decrease, and got sick once at 10mg. Physically and emotionally a mess. The doctor bumped me back up to 40mg, and about 2 months ao I decreased back down to 35mg, which is where I'm at right now.

My question is how long does is take once increasing the dose to level out. I feel way better than 5 months ago, but still notice "waves." I'll feel good for a few weeks, then have periods of anxiety, nausea, tremors, intrusive thoughts, then it all passes and I feel good again. Is this normal, and any ideas how long this goes for?

My goal is to try to get a healthy as possible and stabilized in my life before stating the sloooow decrease process again.

Thanks for any help

----

Luckily, there are a good number of people at Paxil Progress who will be able to advise, unlike the regulators of the drugs you and I take.

Fid

ORDER THE PAPERBACK
'THE EVIDENCE, HOWEVER, IS CLEAR...THE SEROXAT SCANDAL' By Bob Fiddaman
SIGNED COPIES HERE OR UNSIGNED FROM CHIPMUNKA PUBLISHING

1 comment:


Please contact me if you would like a guest post considered for publication on my blog.