Zantac Lawsuit


Researching drug company and regulatory malfeasance for over 16 years
Humanist, humorist

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Paroxetine - The Teratogenic Effect by Bob Fiddaman

Now there's a word, "Teratogenic" - one most of you will be unaware of - one that has caused me considerable confusion over the past few weeks. I shall explain.

The recent GSK vs Kilker case saw files flood the Internet, many of which, if not all, are featured on this blog and my sister blog, GlaxoSmithKline Internal Files

What I find astounding is that this word, "Teratogenic" and/or "Teratogen" often appears throughout the Kilker files. A quick search of the word/s simplifies it into laymans terms:

Teratogenic: Able to disturb the growth and development of an embryo or fetus.

Teratogen: Any agent that can disturb the development of an embryo or fetus. Teratogens may cause a birth defect in the child. Or a teratogen may halt the pregnancy outright. The classes of teratogens include radiation, maternal infections, chemicals, and drugs.

What has caused me much confusion over the past few weeks is the lack of help I have received trying to find out more about the paroxetine [Paxil, Seroxat] and teratogen link.

The Kilker case files show a link between paroxetine and its teratogenic effect, such a strong link that the jury in that case found that paroxetine was the causation of young Lyam Kilker being born with heart defects.

As a patient/concerned UK citizen I have tried to ask questions regarding this link.

ORDER THE PAPERBACK
'THE EVIDENCE, HOWEVER, IS CLEAR...THE SEROXAT SCANDAL' By Bob Fiddaman
SIGNED COPIES HERE OR UNSIGNED FROM CHIPMUNKA PUBLISHING

4 comments:


Please contact me if you would like a guest post considered for publication on my blog.