Zantac Lawsuit


Researching drug company and regulatory malfeasance for over 16 years
Humanist, humorist

Thursday, July 01, 2010

2008 Mount Airy Plane Crash Report - "Pilot had the drug Zoloft in his system"





News 14 Carolina is running a short article with regard to a report that has just surfaced about a plane crash in 2008.

They write:

The National Transportation Safety Board issued a report on the probably cause of a 2008 plane crash in Mount Airy that killed everyone on board. The plane stalled and crashed while circling after an aborted landing.

The NTSB says the pilot failed to maintain control of the plane during instrument flying conditions and deliberately went below the minimum descent altitude.

Officials say the pilot “displayed non-professional behavior” and that a cockpit voice recording showed that he began singing, “Save my life, I'm going down for the last time” after being cleared for approach.

Toxicology tests revealed that the pilot had the drug Zoloft in his system, and medical records revealed he had been treated for anxiety and depression. The report also said it's not clear whether the medical conditions could account for the behavior or whether they contributed to the accident.


The last para is of significance here.

Back in April I wrote to the Federal Aviation Administration [FAA] under the terms of the Freedom of Information Act. [FOI]

I was concerned because the FAA had, for some time, some time not allowed pilots on antidepressant medications to fly. However, a new proposal wished to now lift this ban... but only on 4 SSRi type medications - Fluoxetine [Prozac], Sertraline [Zoloft], Citalopram [Celexa], or Escitalopram [Lexapro] [BACK STORY]

I have been sitting on the 58 page document the FAA sent me for sometime now.

Once the dust has settled on the Sara Carlin Inquest that I have been writing about, I will be writing about the FOI request the FAA sent me. I will also offer the 58 page document for download.

There are a few things I want to get off my chest before I start writing about the FAA - One in particular involves quite a few people who own/moderate Yahoo Groups and the way in which they have allowed a series of vile posts through in relation to the Sara Carlin inquest and the appalling behaviour of two very sad individuals with regard to a lack of tact shown to, not only the parents of Sara Carlin but to the mother of Sharise Gatchell, another teenager who hanged herself whilst on Paxil [UK brand name Seroxat]

I will be naming the groups, the moderators and the two heartless individuals who have targeted grieving parents. More on this and the FAA at a later date.

Fid

ORDER THE PAPERBACK
'THE EVIDENCE, HOWEVER, IS CLEAR...THE SEROXAT SCANDAL' By Bob Fiddaman
SIGNED COPIES HERE OR UNSIGNED FROM CHIPMUNKA PUBLISHING

No comments:


Please contact me if you would like a guest post considered for publication on my blog.