Zantac Lawsuit


Researching drug company and regulatory malfeasance for over 16 years
Humanist, humorist

Monday, April 28, 2014

Email to GlaxoSmithKline Regarding Paxil Birth Defects





Dear Ms Moniz,

My name is Bob Fiddaman. I am the author of 'The evidence, however, is clear, the Seroxat scandal' and the blog 'Fiddaman Blog'.

A short time ago I was contacted by Ms Joanne Thomas of Pennsylvania. She presented me with an email and attachment that you sent her, namely case number A0348482B.

I have wrote about Joanne's case in two articles, both of which have now had over 6,000 views between them.

I 'd like to ask you a few questions, if I may?


  • When your company, in an internal email, suggested that Paxil was the probable cause of Joanne's fetus developing heart defects, why didn't they disseminate this information to Joanne?



  • When your company learned that Paxil was the probable cause of Joanne's fetus being born with heart defects, why didn't they inform the FDA?



  • When your company learned that Paxil was the probable cause of Joanne's fetus being born with heart defects, why didn't they alter the labelling on the Paxil Information Leaflet?



  • Joanne's case against your company was lost on the basis of the Statute of Limitations defence your company lawyers, King & Spalding, they used. However, we both know now that Joanne was well within the limit when she first wrote to your company - what is your company's position on this?



  • Why has no apology ever been made to Joanne Thomas?


I'm sure you will run this past your superiors who will, more than likely, run it past King & Spalding. Before you do, I ask you to read the two articles and show some compassion, you are, after all, a woman yourself.


A copy of this email will go public in the near future.

Here are the two articles I wrote. Part II features your email to Joanne.

Ryan, Glaxo's Non-Viable Fetus - Part I

Ryan, Glaxo's Non-Viable Fetus - Part II - The Twists


Sincerely

Bob Fiddaman.





No comments:


Please contact me if you would like a guest post considered for publication on my blog.